Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Wash my feets"

My baby will be 3 in less than a month! Those conversations with a 2 year old are already starting to change. We have reached the “why” and “what’s that” stage and when I use a word or phrase he doesn’t know he asks “what that mean, mama?”

Sadly, this is not the bathroom at our house
He has it in his head that he is much older and more mature than he should be. His latest thing is showering by himself. I turn on the water, suds up his scrubby, and help him take his shirt off and he pops right over the side and into the tub. I just have to sit on the closed toilet lid and listen to his sing song voice.
“Wash my feets”
“Wash my legs”
“Wash my booty”
“Wash my pee pee”
“Wash my belly”
“Wash my arms”
“Wash my hair”
I do have to step in and remind him to get under his arms and under his chin and then I wash his back. He needs a little supervision in the rinsing aspect. He prefers to play in the stream of water instead of making sure all of him has been washed clean of the soap.

We also adjusted his Power Wheels 4-wheeler so that he has full access to turtle and bunny speed. I was immediately reminded of a Mario Cart character when he started zipping around. It even sounds the same. Surprisingly he’s good at driving, evading, and stopping. He only ran over my foot and I don’t think that was totally on accident. He has to wear a helmet though so if you see him riding at our house he’s sporting his helmet while zipping around the cul-de-sac. Safety first, no arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment