Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Who can resist the silly little colorful caterpillar that Mr. Eric Carle has made so popular. This book was P's choice to read to me tonight. That wasn't a typo; you read it right. P reads to me on occasion. This is how the story went.
For an intro or refresher on what the book looks like; the pages are off set.

P starts with Monday: "hungry"
Tuesday: "hungry hungry"
Wednesday: "'til hungry"
Thursday: "eat hungry"
Friday: "'most done"
Saturday: "whoa, very hungry, hurt tummy"
Sunday: we skip
"fat pillar"
"butterfly!"

If you didn't get the drift of P's story. The caterpillar is hungry so he eats and eats, gets a tummy ache, becomes fat, and then turns into a butterfly. A lot of concentration goes into P's "reading" and by no means should anyone interrupt him. I'm so excited that he likes to read and wants to read to us. I grew up loving to read and I hope that it's being passed down. If his silly stories that he creates by remembering bits and pieces of what I've read to him then I think it's a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment